Emergency Immersion Program
Evolution Veterinary Specialists in Lakewood, Colorado is looking for a motivated new graduate or veterinarian who wishes to pursue a career as an Emergency Doctor in a busy practice outside of Denver, Colorado. This position has been constructed to provide up to 6 months of direct mentoring in the ER. Due to the mentored training and CE provided the candidate will sign a 3-year contract. The first year is a training year and in the second and third year, the candidate will be a full-time Emergency Doctor. The training program will consist of the following:
- Month 1 – Didactics, cadaver labs, and rotating with the EVS specialty services (Cardiology, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Critical Care, and Emergency)
- Month 2-4 – The candidate will be paired with an experienced ER doctor. They will shadow the ER doctor and get one-on-one training on the floor supervised by an experienced ER doctor or boarded Criticalist. If the candidate needs more mentoring time on ER after month 4, mentorship will continue until the candidate and the ER team feel they are ready to see cases on their own.
- Month 5-12 – The candidate will be able to see cases on their own. The candidate will be given day and swing shifts, but will not be working overnight alone for the first full year.
- Year 2 and beyond– The candidate will be placed in the normal rotation for ER shifts.
Schedule: The candidate will work four 10-hour shifts. After the didactic month, the candidate will work three 12 hour shifts per week.
Salary: Paid open shifts will be available to the candidate after they are approved to see cases on their own. For the first year, the candidate cannot pick up overnight open shifts.
- Year 1: $75,000
- Year 2: $100,000
- Year 3: $115,000
- If the candidate has an interest in surgery EVS will pay for the candidate to attend CSU’s abdominal surgery wet lab/CE
- Endoscopy training
- After year 1 the candidate will have a yearly CE allowance and 3 days of CE time
- Didactic rounds and journal club
We will be hiring doctors on a quarterly basis but will respond to your application as soon as we can. Currently, we are looking for 2 people to fill this program each session.