Our experienced emergency doctors are available 24/7 for walk-in emergencies, patient transfers and overnight patient care. When you arrive your pet is triaged, assessed for life-threatening conditions and immediately stabilized when necessary. Your doctor performs a full physical examination and determines a treatment plan for your pet.
Our emergency care services are available for any health problem
Including the immediate treatment of these conditions:
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn’t stop within five minutes
- Choking, difficulty breathing or nonstop coughing and gagging
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, coughing up blood, or blood in urine
- Inability to urinate or pass feces (stool), or obvious pain associated with urinating or passing stool
- Injuries to your pet’s eye(s)
- Accidental ingestion (i.e., you suspect or know your pet has eaten something poisonous such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, THC, etc.)
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Fractured bones, severe lameness or inability to move leg(s)
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea – more than two episodes in a 24-hour period, or either of these combined with obvious illness or any of the other problems listed here
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more
If your pet is experiencing any of these conditions, please come into our 24-hour ER Hospital immediately.
The bottom line is that ANY concern about your pet’s health warrants, at minimum, a call to our Hospital at 720-510-7707.
Emergency services include:
- Oxygen therapy (Synder oxygen cages and nasal oxygen)
- Pulse oximetry and arterial blood gas assessment
- In-house laboratory
- Digital radiography
- Advanced vascular access and pain management
- Emergency surgery and consultations with our other specialists