Lead Client Service Representative
Ready to join our team?Apply Now
We are seeking an outgoing, enthusiastic lead CSR (Client Services Representative) to join our passionate veterinary team. Experience in customer service and a fast-paced and hands-on environment is a must. The Lead CSR must be able to manage and train other CSRs on the team. They will also be assisting in helping with accounts receivable and accounts payable, as well as scheduling ultrasounds or surgeries through third-party organizations for patients.
Hourly Pay Rate: $20.00-$22.00, depending on experience
Education and Experience
- Required: High School diploma or equivalent
- Required: 3+ years Experience as a receptionist in an emergency hospital
Knowledge and Skills
- Competently speak and write the English language
- Must possess exceptional organizational and management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially to a diverse range of audiences and settings.
- Ability to manage current CSRs and train new CSRs
- Assists CSRs with client complaints in the absence of supervisors.
- Possess and expresses a genuine love for animals and for working in an animal care environment.
- Always be prepared to work by the start of each scheduled shift.
- Maintain a professional, friendly demeanor while on the job.
- Perform job tasks efficiently promptly and efficiently when asked. Promote a positive attitude among staff.
- Show respect for clients, team members, and animals at all times and in all situations.
- Engage in productive work during slow periods.
- Participate in your performance appraisal, and, as requested, in those of others.
- Participate in staff and training meetings.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and commitment to building relationships with colleagues, clients, and the community is required.
- Can display tact and diplomacy with staff members and clients even when busy or hectic.
- Weekly CSR schedules and finding coverage during callout
- Assisting in accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Assisting in scheduling diagnostics for patients such as ultrasounds and surgeries when necessary
- Answering and correctly handling phone calls.
- Know basic triage concepts and understand when appropriate to forward phone call to technician or veterinarian
- Know phone functions, including hold, intercom and taking and returning messages.
- Can answers telephone and handle calls quickly, efficiently and in a professional and friendly manner, using a multi-line telephone system.
- Keeping the reception area and room(s) clean and tidy as well as properly stocked with needed supplies.
- Access client information within the practice-management software system (EzyVet). Enter and retrieve client and patient data in the computer as needed.
- Checking clients and visitors in and out of the hospital.
- Accurately manage financial transactions such processing bills, taking payments, ordering and checking in supplies.
- Calling to remind clients of their appointments and rescheduling as necessary
- Computer skills including typing, organizing, data entry, communicating utilizing common computer software and programs.
- Advise clients of special call-in times to check on patients or speak with doctors.
- Explain delays that affect clients. Ensure the comfort of clients and patients during their waits. Offer water to clients or patients in need (or withhold water from patients as appropriate). Reschedule or accelerate appointments as needed.
- Willingness and ability to present and explain fees during check out while discharging patients and processing of payments.
- Can outline costs and fees in a positive light while supporting hospital payment policies.
Medical-Record Management Tasks
- Understand the electronic medical records system (Ezyvet)
- Understanding and able to use the billing system (Payjunction)
- Managing medical records, reports, and correspondence.
- Reports to: Veterinary Office Manager
- Matching 401(k)
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- PTO including some Paid Holidays (based on position’s schedule)
- Employee Pet Insurance