Human Resources Assistant
Ready to join our team?Apply Now
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Education: Associates degree in Human Resources, counseling, human services, or other human-centered field.
- Experience: 2+ years experience in an administrative work environment
- Preferred: Experience in veterinary practices or knowledge of veterinary medicine
Evolution Veterinary Specialists is looking for a Human Resources Assistant with outstanding administrative and communication skills to support the work of the HR Manager. The HR Assistant will be expected to possess superb organizational and time management skills with the ability to problem-solve independently. The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment is a must. The HR Assistant will maintain confidential files and records and understand the importance of employee confidentiality. The ideal candidate feels comfortable with managing conflict and can maintain a sense of professionalism even in uncomfortable situations. A great candidate has a general willingness to learn and be flexible and a solid understanding of employee relationships, staffing management, and payroll and benefits administration. They have also had exposure to labor law, employment equity regulations, and payroll practices. They must have meticulous attention to detail, the ability to accurately follow instructions, excellent written and verbal communication skills, outstanding computer literacy and capabilities in areas like email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support all internal and external HR-related inquiries or requests.
- Maintain digital and electronic records of employees.
- Serve as point of contact with benefit vendors and administrators.
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference
- checks, and issuing employment contracts.
- Maintain calendars of the management team.
- Oversee the completion of compensation and benefit documentation.
- Assist with performance management procedures.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars.
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Process payroll and resolve any payroll errors.
- Complete termination paperwork and exit interviews.
- Keep up to date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Commitment to doing the best job possible at all times and under all circumstances
- Confidence in working independently and making appropriate, informed decisions
- Prioritization of safety and care in the operation of all equipment and handling of all patients
- Adaptability to new environments, situations, practices, and challenges
- Excellent communication to clients, teammates, supervisors, subordinates, and any other hospital staff.
- Enthusiasm for knowledge, innovation, learning, and growth in all aspects on the job
- Dedication to the EVS company values of gold standard medicine, respect, integrity, and a team oriented approach.
- Desire and ability to develop and lead a team of individuals
- Matching 401(k)
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Employee Pet Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition reimbursement
Scheduling: A regular, Full time employee of Evolution Veterinary Specialists, Inc, will be expected to work an average/minimum 36 hours/week. Hours typically vary and include holidays, weekends, swing shifts, overnights, and on-call as necessary to fill the needs of the hospital.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Supervisory Role: No