Client Service Representative
Ready to join our team?Apply Now
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Work Schedule: To be determined as needed
Job Status: Full-Time
Experience: 1+ years exp as a receptionist/customer service
Job Location: Lakewood, CO
Salary: $16.50/hour – $23/hour
Veterinary Receptionists must build positive, professional relationships with clients and staff members. We are seeking an outgoing, enthusiastic CSR (Client Services Representative) to join our passionate and friendly team. Experience in a customer service and fast-paced and hands-on environment is a must. Experience in a medical office is also useful but not a requirement. Other useful skills: working well in a group, taking constructive criticism well, bringing a consistent friendly attitude to the job, multitasking, and general computer proficiency.
Knowledge and Skills
- Competently speak and write the English language. Spanish also preferred but not required.
- Must possess exceptional organizational and management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially to a diverse range of audiences and settings.
- Possess and expresses a genuine love for animals and for working in an animal care environment.
- Always be in position and prepared to work by the start of each scheduled shift.
- Maintain a professional, friendly demeanor while on the job.
- Perform job tasks efficiently promptly and efficiently when asked. Promote a positive attitude among staff.
- Show respect for clients, team members, and animals at all times and in all situations.
- Engage in productive work during slow periods.
- Participate in your performance appraisal, and, as requested, in those of others.
- Participate in staff and training meetings.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and commitment to building relationships with colleagues, clients, and community is required.
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 40 pounds
- Can display tact and diplomacy with staff members and clients even when busy or hectic.
- Answering and correctly handling phone calls.
- Know basic triage concepts and understand when appropriate to forward phone call to technician or veterinarian
- Know phone functions, including hold, intercom and taking and returning messages.
- Can answers telephone and handle calls quickly, efficiently and in a professional and friendly manner, using a multi-line telephone system.
- Keeping the reception area and room(s) clean and tidy as well as properly stocked with needed supplies.
- Access client information within the practice-management software system (EzyVet). Enter and retrieve client and patient data in the computer as needed.
- Checking clients and visitors in and out of the hospital.
- Accurately manage financial transactions such processing bills, taking payments, ordering and checking in supplies.
- Calling to remind clients of their appointments and rescheduling as necessary
- Computer skills including typing, organizing, data entry, communicating utilizing common computer software and programs.
- Advise clients of special call-in times to check on patients or speak with doctors.
- Explain delays that affect clients. Ensure the comfort of clients and patients during their waits. Offer water to clients or patients in need (or withhold water from patients as appropriate). Reschedule or accelerate appointments as needed.
- Ensure that all dogs are leashed immediately after arrival and that cats and smaller pets are caged. Isolate aggressive pets. Request assistance if needed.
- Willingness and ability to present and explain fees during check out while discharging patients and processing of payments.
- Can outline costs and fees in a positive light while supporting hospital payment policies.
Medical-Record Management Tasks
- Understand the electronic medical records system (Ezyvet)
- Understanding and able to use the billing system (Clover)
- Understand and use special record notations, including male, female, aggressive, caution, and/or inactive.
- Managing medical records, reports and correspondence.
Benefits of working at Evolution Veterinary Specialists:
- Matching 401(k)
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- PTO including some Paid Holidays (based on position’s schedule)
- Career training environment
- Discretionary Employee Bonus Program
- Employee Pet Discount