Office Manager (Veterinary)
Ready to join our team?Apply Now
$65,000 – $85,000
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Preferred: 3+ years in Veterinary or Hospital Management
- Preferred: Certified Veterinary Practice Manager designation or willingness to obtain one
The Veterinary Office Manager must build positive, professional relationships with clients, referring veterinarians and staff members. Experience in a customer-service and fast-paced and hands on environment is a must. An ideal candidate should be friendly, professional, courteous and able to handle many tasks at once with numerous interruptions while appearing unruffled. Experience in a medical office is a requirement. As a veterinary office manager, you will be expected to understand the inner workings of the practice. You should also be able to effectively supervise and manage the staff. In addition, you will be responsible for administrative staff allocation and customer grievance management. There may be times when you have to train both new and seasoned employees and/or resolve employee and/or client conflicts. Moreover, you may be responsible for providing coaching skills to employees who are struggling. There will also be expectations that you will assist in all business activities such as Marketing, Human Resource Management, Accounting, Scheduling, and Strategic Planning.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Competently speak and write the English language. Spanish is also preferred but not required.
- Substantial and relevant experience working in a busy medical office environment.
- Must possess exceptional organizational and management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially to a diverse range of audiences and settings.
- Possess and expresses a genuine love for animals and for working in an animal care environment.
- Maintain a professional, friendly demeanor while on the job.
- Perform job tasks efficiently, promptly and effectively when asked. Promote a positive attitude among staff.
- Show respect for clients, team members, and animals at all times.
- Participate in your performance appraisal.
- Participate in all staff and training meetings.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and commitment to building relationships with colleagues, clients, and community is required
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 40 pounds (work may require lifting, carrying, and restraining animals-with assistance from other staff for animals weighing over 40 pounds and receiving, handling, and storing for supplies)
- Can display tact and diplomacy with staff members and clients even when busy or hectic.
- Demonstrate a willingness to assist all employees in making the practice a success; invest the necessary amount of time to accomplish the required responsibilities and ensure the smooth operation of the hospital.
- Direct and develop the veterinary, technical and administrative staff towards the goal of quality patient care and excellent client service; assist in the formulation of objectives and policies to ensure efficient and profitable hospital operations.
- Uphold protocols, policies, and standards set out by Evolution Veterinary Specialists, Inc
- Accurately manage financial transactions such processing bills, taking payments, ordering and checking in supplies
- Computer skills including typing, organizing, data entry, communicating utilizing common computer software and programs
- Proper medical records maintenance including documenting conversations with clients, scanning in documents as necessary, and entering on-line pharmacy requests.
- Maintain accuracy of financial reports including end or day, month, and year reports as needed. Liaise with other administrative staff on all accounts payable, accounts receivable, human resource, and inventory matters.
- Assisting in the recruitment, interviews, and hiring of support staff personnel.
- Assist HR Department with all Human Resource duties as delegated and assigned
- Acquiring, contracting, scheduling, and supervision of all third-parties services such as cleaning, supplying, maintenance, servicing, and disposal contractors.
- Key Performance Indicators Management: Monitor key performance metrics and recommend improvements.
- Communicates objectives, helps to motivate staff, help build & maintain morale; maintain core values and standards.
- Supervision and Assistance with Front-Office Tasks
- Assist management in the direction of hospital administrative support staff through direct supervision, training, structuring, scheduling, motivation, and education to produce the highest level of client satisfaction possible from the services the reception staff provides
- Attends hospital sponsored events such as client education events, community outreach, and any other events requested by management.
- Advise clients of special call-in times to check on patients or speak with doctors.
- Explain delays that affect clients. Ensure the comfort of clients and patients during their waits. Offer water to clients or patients in need (or withhold water from patients as appropriate). Reschedule appointments as needed.
- Willingness and ability to present and explain fees during check out while discharging patients and processing of payments.
- Can outline costs and fees in a positive light while supporting hospital payment policies
- Assist in business development including mentoring the staff and overseeing the business operations and maintenance of the facility; ensuring business growth and profitability of the practice; and supporting the hospital’s mission of delivering high quality patient care and exceptional client service.
- Facilitates resolution of client problems/complaints that doctors, or other staff, cannot resolve.
Medical-Record Management Tasks
- Understand the electronic medical records system (Ezyvet) and electronic treatment sheets (Instinct)
- Understanding and able to use the billing system (PayJunction)
- Managing medical records, reports and correspondence.
Personnel Management Duties
- Direct supervision of administrative staff.
- Cooperates with, assists, and directs other management staff toward completion of hospital goals.
- Direct training and development as necessary for each team member.
- Holding team accountable for quality and quantity of work performed.
- Upholding all procedures and protocols within the company/hospital.
- Daily training, management, and development of the CSR team is a priority from the beginning until at such a time they are self-sufficient.
- Key Support for Medical Staff (DVM, Technicians, TAs) as well as all the above administrative staff
- Onboarding and training on usage of key systems within the hospital in conjunction with other managers.
- Managing vendors including IT, Software Programs, Suppliers, Maintenance, etc…
- Assist in working interview evaluations.
- Matching 401(k)
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Employee Pet Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition reimbursement
Scheduling: A regular, Full time employee of Evolution Veterinary Specialists, Inc, will be expected to work an average/minimum 40 hours/week. Hours typically vary and include holidays, weekends, swing shifts, overnights, and on-call as necessary to fill the needs of the hospital.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to CEO
Employment Status: Full-Time
Supervisory Role: Yes
*Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and/or responsibilities at any time.