Urgent Care Emergency Technician
Ready to join our team?Apply Now
Department: Urgent Care & Emergency
Education: Active CO State Technician License
Work Schedule: To be determined as needed
Job Status: Full-Time or Part-Time
Experience: 2+ years of Veterinary Technician exp
Job Location: Lakewood, CO
Hourly Rate: $18/hr-$21.50/hr
The Urgent Care Emergency Technician will be responsible for a variety of tasks related to the Urgent Care Service within a 24/7 emergency and specialty hospital. A minimum 2 years veterinary experience is required, emergency experience is preferred. Tasks include obtaining patient histories, performing diagnostics and treatments, monitoring sedation/anesthesia for minor procedures, creating and presenting financial options and estimates, accurately entering service charges into client processing database, extensive client interaction, and preparing medications and discussing discharge instructions.
Shifts are 10 hours, and include some weekends. A variety of shifts are available and include after-hours shifts (daytime, swing, and late-swing shifts). Additional after hours compensation provided.
Education & Experience:
- Required: Active CO state technician license
- Preferred: College AS/BS/BA
- Experience: Minimum 2 years veterinary experience required*
- We work in a caring and supportive environment in a geographic location that offers an outstanding quality of life.
- Full-time benefits include health with an optional 50% employer-paid plan, 100% dental,100% vision, 100% disability and life insurances, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, CE allowances, Signing and discretionary bonuses, and Trupanion Insurance for employee pets.’